31DC2014 - Day 01 - Red Nails - Rouge Louboutin (Swatch + Review)

1 September 2014

Its Day 01 of the 31 Day Challenge 2014 (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Red Nails! What better way to start off this challenge than with the nail polish representing the iconic Christian Louboutin soles originally inspired by red nail polish?! Confused?! Read below...

“The red sole was born from red nail polish. I am giving back to the nails what the shoe took from the nails many years ago,” says Chrisitian Louboutin.

Ever since I saw the press release for the new Christian Louboutin nail polish in Rouge, I knew I had to have it! Yes, it is pricey but it is gorgeous and the bottle is truly a piece of art and luxury!

I created a very simple nail art that takes inspiration from the bottle shape and Pshiiit's review of this polish (click here). The simple black nail art mimics the shape of the long and pointed wand giving the bottle a heigh of 8 inches!

Rouge Louboutin




Rouge Louboutin:
Colour: Red | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 10/10

Comments: This is officially my favourite red nail polish and not only because it cost me an arm-and-a-leg! The formula is so buttery, creamy and glossy and applies so perfectly! In fact, with a good amount on the brush you can definitely get away with just 1 coat! You have to test the sheer perfection of this formula... it's making me want more colours!

Rouge Louboutin

And now back to more pics of the nail art... I applied 2 coats of Rouge Louboutin followed by 1 coat of Rica Top Coat to speed up the drying process. I then applied striping tape to section off long thin triangles and painted a coat of black diamond by Covergirl. I completed the look with a final coat of Rica Top Coat for a smooth and glossy finish!

Rouge Louboutin

Rouge Louboutin

What are your thoughts on Rouge Louboutin? Do YOU think it's worth the price-tag? Comment below!

I hope you enjoyed the first nail art post for 31DC2014 and I am super excited to browse social media with the hashtag #31DC2014 to see what the other bloggers have come up with this time around!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


6 comments:

  1. I knew about this polish, bot for me it is to expensive!
    I like the cool and wampy effect of the nail art and colors! Awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) Yes it is expensive and I splurged ... but i LOVE it!!

      Delete
  2. Looks super gorgeous! This is one I will be lusting forever and will never buy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! :) Hopefully someone gifts it to you because it is truly a beauty! :)

      Delete
  3. These are nice! I like how simple they are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! :) I always look forward to your comments :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top