31DC2014 - Day 02 - Orange Nails - Roar

2 September 2014

It's Day 02 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Orange Nails! I find that I don't use orange nail polish that often and I always struggle with this prompt.

I came up with an idea I liked but I didn't execute it perfectly. I am still posting it because it is already challenging to come up with nail for 31 days straight and I didn't have time to redo it.

Here are my Orange Nails inspired by the song Roar by Katy Perry...

31DC2014


I started with 2 coats of Where Did Suzi's Man-go? from the OPI Brazil Collection (released in Spring 2014). I created the tiger stripes with Roarrrrange from Essie's Summer Collection (swatch here). I then wrote the word "ROAR" in block letter with a Sharpie marker and finished the look with a coat of Rica top coat. The black marker crackled and left patches when I applied the top coat, which is what I meant when I said it's not executed perfectly.

Roar Nails

Use the hashtag #31DC2014 to see what other bloggers are doing for the challenge prompts! I hope you enjoyed today's post and check back tomorrow for Day 03!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top