31DC2014 - Day 04 - Green Nails - Tropical Leaves

4 September 2014

It's Day 04 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Green Nails!

I really wanted to do some tropical-type nail art and all I kept picturing is a chartreuse green base and leafy goodness! I just bought a bunch of MoYou London stamping plates and I knew I'd find the perfect image in one of the Mother Nature plates.

The plan was to stamp all 5 fingers but I kept messing up my middle finger... which lead to an accent nail that looked odd on its own... which lead to TWO accent nails kept super simple with some dots!



I started with 2 coats of my base colour, the more the merrier by essie (swatch here). I then added the dots and stamping with AmazON...AmazOFF by OPI (from the OPI Brazil Collection - Spring 2014). I used a tropical leaf from the Mother Nature 07 plate by MoYou London for the stamping. I finished off the look with a coat of Rica top coat!


Please follow the 31 Day Challenge using the hashtag #31DC2014 to check out how others are interpreting the challenge prompts. I hope you enjoyed today's post and check back tomorrow for Day 05... my favourite colour!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


10 comments:

  1. I like the tropical leaf designs here. Very fun green too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa... 'the more the merrier' is one of my favourite chartreuse green polishes!

      Delete
  2. That leaf stamp looks gorgeous, especially with the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very tropical, indeed. I love the colour combo and the stamping is great! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giovanna! I am working on my stamping and wish I could have successfully executed it on all my nails... but there's always next time :p

      Delete
  4. It's always fun to experiment with various different accent nails. I like your color combo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top