31DC2014 - Day 09 - Rainbow Nails - Pastel Stripes

9 September 2014

It's Day 09 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Rainbow Nails!

I have been trying to keep it simple... but this look took quite some time even though it looks simple! I used the entire Lime Crime Les Desserts D'Antoinette collection except for one polish... Milky Ways.




I started with 2 coats of Angel With a Leadfoot by OPI as the base and it really made the colours pop. I then used a thin nail art brush and started adding each colour starting at the cuticle with Parfait Day followed by Peaches & Cream, Crema de Limon, Pastelchio, Once in a Blue Mousse and lastly Lavendairy. I then finished it off with 2 coats of good to go top coat for a glossy and shiny look.


This was so HARD to photograph... it's bright and punchy. It might be because of the white base that gives it a neon pop which automatically makes it harder to photograph. The colours look pastel in the bottles but they showed up much brighter and I had a hard time getting a good picture. Regardless it meets the challenge prompts... so it's up! :)


I've always wanted to try a look like this but using tape is always messy and takes forever. I am glad this freehand method worked for me! Please use the hashtag #31DC2014 to follow the other bloggers on social media to see what they have come up with for the 31 Day Challenge prompts and check back tomorrow for Day 10!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


5 comments:

  1. These are pretty rainbow pastel stripes! I like that there a bit slated here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lisa! I was going for a candy type look which is why I painted them diagonally

      Delete
  2. The Lime Crime pastel polishes are very pretty and this rainbow nail art came out very good with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! And I totally agree...It is such a pretty collection!!

      Delete
  3. Avoid touching your hair and scalp throughout the day. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top