31DC2014 - Day 14 - Flowers - Badass Roses

15 September 2014

It's Day 14 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Flowers!

I am not a very flowery person and I don't usually paint floral nails... because I am terrible it! In fact, I am not even happy with this nail art but I was too tired to retry it so I decided to post it.

I really love the juxtaposition of something hard versus soft and that is what I tried to achieve by painting girly "roses" on a very dark and badass background.



I started with 2 coats of badass by piCture pOlish as the base colour. Do you understand the title now?! I then freehanded the roses and leaves with several shades from China Glaze: In A Lily Bit (pastel purple), That's Shore Bright (bright purple), Spring In My Step (pastel pink), Float On (bright pink) and Grass Is Lime Greener (bright pastel green). I finished off the look with 1 coat of Rica top coat.


For the first time during this challenge (surprising that it's only the first time), I was curious to see how this would look with a matte top coat... so I applied 1 coat of the OPI Matte Top Coat.


Hmm... yeah I am sure I can do better floral print nail art. Fail! You can check out pretty floral nail art by the other bloggers participating in this challenge with the hashtag #31DC2014 and please check back tomorrow for Day 15 (I promise better nail art)!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


7 comments:

  1. The roses really pop off the dark base here! Its pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what I was going for... thanks Lisa! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't understand why you say that you are terrible in painting flowers. I think these look fantastic, they came out more than pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you are too kind Andrea! I can definitely see room for improvement but that's what these types of challenges do... they push you to get better! :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the badssenes (that's a word) of your manicure, soft versus dark ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you and I totally love the new word!

      Delete
  4. satta king
    play bazaar If you must use a blow dryer, consider using it on the cool setting to encourage the sheath of your hair strands to lay down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top