31DC2014 - Day 21 - Inspired by a Color - Turquoise Ombre

21 September 2014

It's Day 21 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Inspired by a Color!

Most bloggers interpret this by using a particular nail polish name and creating nail art that reflects it... but are you really surprised I used today's prompt to showcase a simple nail art with my favourite colour... Turquoise?! It's not all turquoise but it's a perfect ombre.




So I started with 2 coats of Angel With A Leadfoot by OPI as the lightest colour in the gradient. I then added a gradient with a sponge with 4 colours:

  1. Angel With A Leadfoot by OPI
  2. At Vase Value by China Glaze
  3. where's my chauffeur by essie
  4. marine by piCture pOlish
I then added a black rhinestone on each nail followed by a coat of Rica top coat.




Love love love! Simple yet showcases the beautiful shades of turquoise! Please check out what the other bloggers are doing on social media with the hashtag #31DC2014 and please check back tomorrow for Day 22!

Oh and I did the same nail art a while back but in yellow (click HERE).

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful gradient and I like the black round studs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I had a feeling yours might have something to do with turquoise ;)

    (It is a great colour indeed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty color and the gradient came out gorgeous. Love the smooth transition between the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea!! :) I have been practicing my gradients and im really happy with how it turned out

      Delete
  4. Great transition of polishes. LOL, go ahead - make it look easy to do such a fabulous gradient! Love the seemingly simplicity of this mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thnk you for the lovely comment! I'm glad it looks effortless cuz it made a huge mess on my fingers!

      Delete
  5. and that volume helps to create the illusion of more length. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top