31DC2014 - Day 24 - Inspired by a Book - The Fault in Our Stars

25 September 2014

It's Day 24 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Inspired by a Book!

With the recent movie release, this book's cover has been super popular and I've already seen quite a few bloggers create nail art inspired by this book on Instagram. I went with the spirit of it considering that I did not have a stamp to create the newsprint background and I've never tried the method of transferring ink from newspaper.




I started with 2 coats of Blue Glint by Models Own in the HyperGel formula as the perfect true blue base. I then added stamping on all nails with mind your mittens by essie using the MoYou London Princess Collection 08 stamping plate. I then added the clouds and lettering with black diamond by Covergirl and Angel With a Leadfoot by OPI. I added a coat of good to go top coat followed by Matte Top Coat by OPI. The matte finish makes it look more like a book cover and makes the text readable.



I should probably read the book or watch the movie... but I am super happy with the nail art! I mean stamped all nails perfectly this time, which definitely means I am improving my stamping skills. You can always check out what the other bloggers have been up with the hashtag #31DC2014 and please check back tomorrow for Day 25!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


4 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I did The Fault in Our Stars inspired nails away ago too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I was surprised how relatively easy it was to create this look!

      Delete
  2. satta king
    play bazaar Split ends appear thin and are often difficult to see while healthy ends are thicker,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top