31DC2014 - Day 31 - Honor Nails You Love - Violet Watercolor Wash

1 October 2014

It's Day 30 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Honor Nails You Love! OMG! I actually completed the entire challenge!!!

I am sure most of you recognize today's nail art. Sarah from Chalkboard Nails organizes everyone into participating in this challenge and she comes up with some of the most creative nail art designs. I was specially wow-ed by this watercolour and splatter design mix from Chalkboard Nails Day 06 Violet Nails. Here's my copy-cat version:



I used all the same colours as Sarah except for one... I substituted with a close bright purple. I started with 2 coats Yoga Then Yogurt by NOPI as the base colour. I added the watercolour wash with A Grape Affair by OPI, Do You Have This Color in Stock-Holm? by OPI and DJ play that song by essie (the substitute colour). I then added the splatter with a watered down white polish.


I love love love this look. I definitely need to recreate it in a different monochromatic colour scheme... most likely turquoise! This is the LAST day so go and check out how everyone else finished this challenge using the hashtag #31DC2014!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my favorite tones... I love your mani! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm usually not a fan of purples but I am loving this combination!

      Delete
  3. They turned out great! Love the violet colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top