Fall Leaves Nail Art

20 October 2014

Hi everyone! It is mid-October and we are right in the middle of cloudy skies, beautiful foilage, chilly weather, warm drinks and pumpkin-spiced everything. So I created some simple fall-inspired stamping nail art featuring the beautiful KBShimmer shade, You Autumn Know (swatch and review at the end of the post).

This shade was released as part of the KBShimmer Fall 2013 Collection and I have been admiring it ever since. I recently purchased a few shades from the KBShimmer Fall 2014 Collection (swatches coming soon) and added this shade to my order... luckily Harlow & Co had You Autumn Know in stock.

KBShimmer You Autumn Know


To create this look:
  • I started with 2 coats of You Autumn Know by KBShimmer.
  • I then added 1 coat of limo-scene by essie... a very sheer almost white beige colour to soften the bright glitter pieces in the background and make the stamped design really pop!
  • I then stamped the leafy design with BM-H11 from the Bundle Monster 2013 Holiday Collection using the stamping polish Reddish by Mundo de Unas.
  • I finished off the look with 1 coat of good to go top coat by essie.
Note: Essie's good to go top coat is the only one in my collection that never smudges or drags my stamped designs.

You Autumn Know: KBShimmer Fall 2013 Collection
Colour: White w/ Fuchsia, Gold & Orange| Finish: Glitter-Crelly | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 10/10

Comments: This is a beautiful white crelly polish with gold, orange and fuchsia glitters in various shapes and sizes. Since it is a crelly, you can expect that it won't be a one-coater. The first coat is very sheer but it builds very well on the second coat as long as it is not a very thin coat. I found that applying a very thin second coat drags the polish and glitters making it hard to achieve the milky look in the bottle. Overall, it is a spectacular shade like all the other white crellies by KBShimmer and it is so perfect for Fall.

KBShimmer You Autumn Know

I find that although swatch and review posts of entire collections are very useful, they can be very long and boring sometimes. I love the idea of featuring just 1 nail poilsh and showing how it can used for nail art.

In other new, I have been working on my stamping skills and since I definitely need to keep practicing... I will try and post at least one stamped look every week.

Hope you enjoyed today's short post and I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!

- Hetal

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful crelly that is! Love the leaves you stamped on top, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. it's so gorgeous!!! I am so glad I got it! :) and thank youu :)

      Delete
  2. satta king
    play bazaar Get rid of your bad habits and you should see a difference!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top